Hedge trimming is one of the essential skills every gardener should have but due to the fact that it requires a lot of precision some professional assistance from HomeMates would be really useful. The decent trimming improves the growth and the hedges look neat and healthy. What makes hedge trimming so tricky and challenging is the fact that there are so many kinds of hedges that need different treatment.
While some hedges should be trimmed at the beginning of the winter, some others need to undergo the trimming procedure in the middle of the spring. It is of crucial importance to know which types of hedges and trees should be cut when, in order to help them grow properly and not harm them.
Our professional gardening technicians have long experience in performing hedge pruning and trimming. They are highly efficient and finish the job in the quoted time frame. Here is how the hedge trimming service usually goes:
- The team of gardeners will arrive at your place. A parking spot is required since they bring along a lot of professional tools and equipment. Parking close to your property is requested so they can bring all that is needed and get on with the job.
- After discussing the shape that you want, they start trimming the hedge. An important benefit is that this service can be done even if you are not around. You only need to provide them with access to the garden.
- The hedges are trimmed from the bottom to the top. The technicians know exactly how much to take off in order to benefit the hedge and not harm it.
- After it is neatly trimmed, all green waste is collected by the gardening technicians
We treat all kinds of hedges, such as:
- Cypress Hedges
- Deciduous Hedges ( Beech, Hazel, Hornbeam etc.)
- Evergreen Hedges ( Laurel, Buxus, Thuja, Holy, Privet etc.)
- Mixed Hedgerows (Field Maple, Spindle, Dogwood, Hazel, Hawthorn etc.)
In case of larger hedges or bushes, you might want to discuss the opportunities with your booking agent. In certain cases tree surgery might be required.
has been working for our company for 3 years as a Professional Gardener. With 10 years experience in the field he managed to cover more than 3500 addresses.
works for our company for 1 year already. As he is specialised in shaping the bushes, lawn mowing and grass cutting, he helps to numerous Customers to maintain their gardens on daily bases.
Only an experienced gardener is capable of figuring out:
- the best time of the year for hedge trimming and the frequency
- the right shape
- the right technique for achieving the desired forms
A common mistake is creating unnatural shapes out of the hedges, which barely results in getting the desired effect. In case you want to create an animal shape or any other unique, fancy form, you’d better rely on some professional gardening assistance. However, creating a particular form out of the hedges should start from a very early stage of their development. Feel free to call our office assistants and ask them any questions you might have about shaping and trimming hedges.
Do not worry, since our gardeners will give you professional advice on how to take proper care of your hedges, when to trim them, how to keep them healthy and prolong their life.
Also, be sure that all gardeners on our team are extreme professionals. Here are some of the best qualities they bring along:
- Experienced: All our gardeners arrive with a lot of experience and knowledge. From lawn mowing to tree pruning, the technicians will have the know-how to make your place look brand new. Along with their long experience they will bring all the tools required to get the job done. All you have to do is give us some details on the job in hand and a member of our team will arrive and do it in no time.
- Skilled and Capable: We ensure that all our gardeners are rated and reviewed by previous customers. The different jobs around a garden require a different approach so all our employees specialise in different areas of the gardening service. Whenever you give us some information about your particular situation, we will make sure to send the right person for it.
- Reliable: You want to be able to trust the gardener that will be working on your house. We make sure all of them are fully qualified, reliable and punctual. You can be sure that they will arrive on time and do the job quickly and efficiently. Rest assured they will provide the best possible results without causing any damage to your property.
- Flexible: Doing all kinds of jobs has made our gardening technicians quite adaptable. It is hard to know all the details around a particular job, so it is convenient that the person performing the service will be able to help you, no matter what. All our technicians’ skills will suit your needs as well as your budget.
A lot can be said about the proper trimming technique but in brief, the hedges should be trimmed from the bottom to the top using appropriate equipment. The term “appropriate equipment” itself can be pretty tricky as various trimmers are used for the hedges that differ in size, height and maintenance requirements. The chest – high hedges can easily be handled with a trimmer that has double – sided blades, which reduces the time for trimming. This is why we offer to save you not only time and effort but also money you would have to spend on professional gardening tools. Our technicians come fully equipped with everything needed in order to perform the service flawlessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the best time to have my hedges trimmed?Depending on the type of your hedges you may have to trim them during early spring, summer or late fall. Contact our office agents and ask them for more information about the certain type of hedges you have.
How high can you reach?Our hedge trimming technicians can reach up to 4 meters. If your hedges are taller, please contact our office agents and they will advise you on tree surgery options.
Can you cut my hedge into an animal shape?It is possible in some cases. Creating an unusual shape has to happen in the early stages of the hedge. Doing that without professional assistance might seriously harm and even ruin your hedge. You can request a visitation on site and our specialist will advise you on what is best for your particular case.
Do I need to provide anything?Access to the premises is all we ask for. The technicians come with everything that is needed to perform the service so you don’t have to worry about that.
There is a bird nest in my hedge, what should I do about it?You may have to ask for permission from the city council. There are certain laws protecting wildlife, living in your trees and hedges. Keep in mind there are also certain laws concerning the type of hedge and trees you want to cut. We strongly advise checking in with the city council before attempting anything on your own.
“ I really wanted something special for my garden. I called Home Mates and they sent a member of their team the very next day. I discussed the project i had in mind and it was done by the end of the day. Very impressive. I now have those beautiful hedges surrounding my garden and i am very pleased with the service these guys provided. I will definitely call them again soon!”
“ I have been trimming my hedges alone for a couple of years now. They did not look their best and i managed to kill one or two..I called this company and booked an appointment. The guys arrived on time and did wonders with my garden. It looks so neat and beautiful. They also gave me great advice on how to treat my hedges in the future. Wonderful job!”
If you have any enquiry or if you would like to get a quote, just give us a call on 020 3745 4377 or send us e-mail on email@example.com!